The BMW Inspection 2 Service is the larger of the two inspection services and includes all of the items performed on the inspection 1 service along with some additional wear items such as differential oil change, transfer case oil change (if equipped), manual transmission oil change, replacement of fuel filter, spark plugs and wiper blades. The inspection 2 service costs around $600+ to $900+ depending on the vehicle and equipment. Please contact us for a quote or to set up an appointment. Below are the items that are normally performed. If you are performing the inspection yourself, we carry all of the parts you need to complete the service.
- Change engine oil and filter, while engine is at normal operating temperature.
- Change differential oil and inspect for leaks. Replace crush washers.
- Change manual transmission fluid (if equipped) and replace crush washers.
- Check transmission for leaks.
- Visually check fuel tank, lines, and connections for leaks.
- Replace fuel filter.
- Change transfer case oil (if equipped).
- Check condition, position, and mounting of exhaust system. Examine for leaks.
- Check power steering system for leaks.
- Check overall thickness of front and rear disc brake pads.
- Examine brake disc surfaces.
- Check steering for absence of play, including steering rack, inner and outer joints, and steering shaft.
- Check all suspension components for wear or damage.
- Check brake and clutch system connectors and lines for leaks, damage, and incorrect positioning.
- Check for free movement of the parking brake cables. Adjust parking brake if necessary.
- Check all tire pressures (including spare). Correct if necessary.
- Check condition of tires (outer surfaces (left/right)), tread wear and pattern.
- Read out diagnostic system with BMW scanners.
- Replace engine air filter or clean if equipped with re-usable filter.
- Replace spark plugs and inspect ignition system for wear.
- Check engine cooling system / heater hose connections for leaks.
- Check coolant level and antifreeze protection level; add coolant if necessary.
- Check level of brake and clutch fluid in reservoir; add fluid if required.
- Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protection. Fill up and/or correct if necessary.
- Check air conditioner for operation and inspect for leaks.
- Reset service indicator
- Check battery condition and connections. Clean is necessary.
- Perform battery load test and test charging system.
- Replace cabin air filter/s and clean housing/s.
- Check lighting system, i.e. headlights, fog lights, parking, backup, license plate, interior (including map reading lights), glove box, flashlight, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage compartment lights.
- Check instrument panel and dashboard illumination and function.
- Check all warning/indicator lights and check control function.
- Check turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer/flasher switch.
- Check wiper and washer system(s); wiper blades, washer jet positions.
- Replace all wiper blade inserts.
- Check condition and function of safety belts.
- Lubricate hood, trunk/tailgate, and door hinges.
- Lubricate hood, trunk/tailgate and door latches. Check operation of all latches.
- Lubricate window and sunroof tracks.
- Check central locking/double lock.
- Check heater/air conditioner blower, rear window defogger.
- Check rear view mirrors
- Visually examine the SRS airbag units for torn cover, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations, or accessories.
- Road test with check of brakes, suspension, steering, clutch/manual transmission or automatic transmission